A month in drawing: September

So I want to start an update on what I've been drawing every month and talk about it, inspired by my lovely friend Dana's Instagram update which you can read here, because its something I find easy to talk about and keeps me motivated to draw! 

Ive been in love with Achievement Hunters d&d podcast, Heroes and Halfwits, since it first aired! It's funny and exciting, I love having it on in the background while I draw or play video games. I've been interested in d&d for awhile and having my favourite gang of internet entertains play it? It's pretty awesome. Speaking of awesome Orma, the half orc barbarian, is my all time favourite character. She's a badass, is stern but kind and she doesn't take shit from anyone... basically my dream girl. So when she got two extra arms I had to draw her!

More Heroes and Halfwits art! More of Orma because I love her and I love Bo Jingles being jealous. To sum it up for people who don't watch it Orma and Bo Jingles are played by a married couple but in the game Orma is not interested and Bo Jingles just pines over her and keeps telling people he'll win her over which to be honest is hilarious. In one episode she was flirting with this green alchemist character while Bo Jingles groaned in the background and it was pretty fucking funny.


For my birthday hang out this year I went to go see IT with my friends and oh my god. What a fantastic movie! I read the book ages ago, like when I was 15 or 16, and my brother made me watch the tv movie series when we were kids so I was excited for it already but it was even better than my expectations. It was terrifying, thanks to my friend Jay for letting me clasp at their hand during the jump scares, and a good blend of bloody horror and phycological horror. I started to draw a fake movie poster for it which I sadly haven't made much progress into but I'm pretty happy with how Pennywise came out.

Bit of a weird one... I say after showing you drawings of a clown and fantasy creatures. It's a weird one for me I suppose because I don't usually draw animals, I struggle with human anatomy lets alone animals. But I've been following this twitter DoodleTube which is really cool and if your an artist I highly recommend following them for cool little drawing prompts! Their always really interesting and it's a great way to find other small artists like yourself. Anyway one of their prompts was robotic animals and I instantly wanted to draw a dear! Too bad I'm such a slowpoke artist, I didn't finish it in time before the next prompt was announced, oh well!

Something I don't talk about much, out of embarrassment mostly, is that I love dating sim games. In general I love a game with a good story and cute characters and The Arcana Game drew me in the moment I saw it. The characters are unique looking and have their own little story arcs you can explore, and the general story of the whole game is wonderful. Not to mention the art is just beautiful, I wish I could tip my hat to the person who does the illustrations for it because their style of drawing is my favourite. In the game you play as an apprentice for a witch where you have an uncannily good ability to read tarot cards, so I drew my apprentice! She's Lucille and I love her.

Well... Thats it! I haven't really drawn that much but compared to last September where I drew a whopping nothing I'll call this a success.



Twitter | Tumblr | Instagram                   


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who am I and why am I here?